COVID-19 Office Protocols
Our concern is for the health of our patients and staff, and because of the recent Corona Virus, or COVID-19 concerns, we want to assure you that we are raising our already high standards to make our clinic as safe as possible. We are keeping the clinic disinfected throughout the day, including door handles, and all hard surfaces that patients and staff come into contact with.
We are open for business as usual, however we do understand that some patients might not want to leave their homes during this time. Because of this, we are willing to do phone appointments in lieu of an in-office appointment for our existing patients.
We are also willing to take phone calls and be of as much help as possible to those patients who might have questions specific to the Corona Virus. Due to safety reasons, we unfortunately cannot see any patients who are acutely ill with upper respiratory symptoms at this time, but we are happy to answer questions. Additionally, our office is not able to do any testing for the Corona Virus, and for those concerns, we refer you to the Texas Department of State Health Services.
There are things that you can do that will greatly reduce your risk of coming into contact with the Corona Virus. In accordance with the Centers for Disease Control, we also recommend the following:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 30-seconds.
- If soap and water is not available, use a hand sanitizer with aat least a 60% alcohol content.
- Avoid touching your face, especially your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Practice good sleep hygiene since lack of sleep makes the immune system more vulnerable.
- Eat nutritious foods and drink plenty of water.
- Avoid large crowds or large groups of people in close quarters. Social distancing is a personal decision, however, if you are immunocompromised or ill, it is recommended that you stay home.
- Take your vitamins and add immune-boosting supplements.
Feel free to give us a call if you have any questions. We are here to help!