Revolutionary Early Detection Cancer Test Now Available in Southlake, TX
The Galleri Multi-Cancer Early-Detection Test can Detect over 50 Types of Cancer through a Simple Blood Draw
At Dynamic Life Health Center, we’re dedicated to helping you take control of your health and well-being. Our functional medicine approach focuses on finding the underlying causes of symptoms and addressing those rather than the symptoms themselves. By seeking warning signs of health conditions today, we can prevent a medical emergency tomorrow.
That’s why we’re so excited to offer a new test for the early detection of cancer: the Galleri Test, which detects cancer DNA in the bloodstream. This test can identify more than 50 different cancer types from the earliest stages. And it does it through a single blood draw.
This is a breakthrough in early cancer detection: Up to now, medical professionals could only screen for the early detection of breast cancer, colon cancer, prostate cancer, and, to a lesser extent, lung cancer. However, with the Galleri Test, we can now screen for many cancers that have in the past been extremely difficult to screen for.
This test is offered to our existing patients here at the Dynamic Life Health Center. For additional information, please contact our office at 817-912-1600.
The Importance of Early Cancer Detection
We know that thinking about the possibility of cancer can be overwhelming. However, it’s important; per the American Cancer Society, 1 in 2 men and 1 in 3 women will be diagnosed with cancer in their lifetime.
So, you can see why early detection is so important. The earlier cancer can be found, the higher the chance of a better outcome. In fact, when cancers are diagnosed early, before they have the chance to spread, the overall 5-year survival rate is 4X higher than when diagnosed in later stages.
And there’s another important point: 71% of cancer deaths are caused by cancer not commonly screened for. That’s why the Galleri Test is so revolutionary: It can screen for more than 50 types of cancer, giving a far better chance of finding cancer before it may have spread.
How Does the Test Work?
The Galleri Test is a simple blood draw — that’s it. The proprietary technology then looks for signals present in the blood that may be associated with cancer.
All cells in your body release DNA into the bloodstream, but DNA from cancer cells differs from that found in healthy cells. The Galleri Test is highly targeted, because it looks at the DNA in your blood to determine if any of it may have come from cancer cells. Then, if the test detects a cancer signal, the results can point to where that signal is coming from in the body with high accuracy.
Benefits of the Galleri Cancer Test
- Completed through a simple blood draw
- Early cancer detection, which allows for earlier treatment
- Detects many cancers that are not commonly screened for today
- Highly accurate in pointing to the body location if a cancer signal is found
Types of Cancer Detected
- Adrenal Cortical Carcinoma
- Ampulla of Vater
- Appendix, Carcinoma
- Bile Ducts, Distal
- Bile Ducts, Intrahepatic
- Bile Ducts, Perihilar
- Bladder, Urinary
- Colon and Rectum
- Esophagus and Esophagogastric Junction
- Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor
- Gestational Trophoblastic Neoplasms
- Lymphoma (Hodgkin and Non-Hodgkin)
- Melanoma of the Skin
- Merkel Cell Carcinoma
- Mesothelioma, Malignant Pleural
- Nasal Cavity and Paranasal Sinuses
- Neuroendocrine Tumors of the Appendix
- Neuroendocrine Tumors of the Colon and Rectum
- Neuroendocrine Tumors of the Pancreas
- Oral Cavity
- Oropharynx (HPV-Mediated, p16+)
- Oropharynx (p16-) and Hypopharynx
- Ovary, Fallopian Tube and Primary Peritoneum
- Pancreas, exocrine
- Plasma Cell Myeloma and Plasma Cell Disorders
- Small Intestine
- Soft Tissue Sarcoma of the Abdomen and Thoracic Visceral Organs
- Soft Tissue Sarcoma of the Head and Neck
- Soft Tissue Sarcoma of the Retroperitoneum
- Soft Tissue Sarcoma of the Trunk and Extremities
- Soft Tissue Sarcoma Unusual Histologies and Sites
- Ureter, Renal Pelvis
- Uterus, Carcinoma, and Carcinosarcoma
- Uterus, Sarcoma
Ordering the Test
After going over your health history and symptoms with you, Dr. Berutti or her P.A., Melanie Martin, will then determine the extent of testing to be done. The Galleri Multi-Cancer Early-Detection Test can be ordered as a stand-alone profile or bundled with others.
As a note, the Galleri Test is recommended for adults with an elevated risk for cancer, such as those aged 50 or older. It is for use along with other cancer screening tests, such as mammograms and colonoscopies, and doesn’t replace those vital tests.
Please call us to get more information on this test, as well as how our providers can help you with your health goals. We look forward to the opportunity to restore your health so that you regain your vitality for life! If you are an existing patient, please contact us for additional information about this test.
For More Information, Call Us at 817-912-1600.