Micronutrient Testing in Southlake, TX
Micronutrient testing is a service offered by Dr. Berutti and PA Melanie Martin that can tell you exactly what nutrients your body is lacking.
According to Health.Gov reports on dietary guidelines in the United States, approximately three-fourths of the population has an eating pattern that is unhealthy. The “Standard American Diet” is rich in processed foods and low in nutrient-dense foods.
Because this way of eating has become the norm for so much of our population, many people are actually malnourished. Even people who lead healthy lifestyles and eat clean can still struggle with nutrient deficiencies. Some reasons for nutrients not being absorbed properly include:
- Individual biochemistry – nutrient requirements vary from person to person based on genetics, metabolism, and lifestyle.
- Malabsorption – while you may eat a diverse and balanced diet, other factors can prevent nutrients from being absorbed.
- Illness – chronic health conditions such as diabetes, arthritis, cancers, cardiovascular disease, autoimmune issues, and more can affect nutrient deficiencies either directly or indirectly.
- Age – nutrition requirements can drastically change as you age. One example is the reduced absorption of B12 for a 50-year-old versus a 20-year-old.
- Lifestyle – overconsumption of alcohol, smoking, lack of sleep, a sedentary lifestyle, and excessive exercise can all affect nutrient absorption.
- Stress – emotional, physical, and environmental stressors all affect nutritional needs and absorption of nutrients from food.
- Medications – some prescription drugs and over-the-counter medications can impede absorption or increase the need for certain nutrients.
Call our New Patient Coordinator to get all your questions answered.
Nutritional Deficiencies Can Adversely Affect Your Health
Deficiencies might set the stage for chronic disease, inflammation, illness, decreased immune function, hormonal imbalances, mood, and the ability to cope with stress. All these factors can decrease both physical and mental health and greatly affect your quality of life.
The Vibrant Wellness Micronutrient Test is the only one on the market that measures nutritional status but also how well nutrients are functioning in the body. Since each individual person is different, this can offer specific insight into your health.
Dr. Berutti can work with you to devise a plan to ensure your body’s proper nourishment and that your mind and body can achieve optimal function. Conditions affected by nutritional status include:
- Cardiovascular disease
- High blood pressure
- High levels of inflammation, which are precursors for serious illness and lowered immune function
- Stress tolerance
- Men’s and women’s health
- Many other common conditions
The Vibrant Wellness Micronutrient Test Identifies Deficiencies — So You Can Get Your Health Back on Track!
The Vibrant Wellness Micronutrient Test measures how well micronutrients function at a cellular level, and not just the blood levels of nutrients.
Other serum blood tests may only look at the concentration of nutrients outside of the cells. But the SpectraCell shows levels within the cell structure where the essential metabolic function occurs. It is an excellent indicator of overall health.
In some cases, people suffering from hormonal imbalances may actually be experiencing nutritional deficiencies, which then cause hormonal imbalances. It’s also possible that attempts at balancing hormones can be thwarted because of malnutrition issues.
Dr. Berutti also specializes in bioidentical hormone replacement therapy. We can use the micronutrient test along with hormone testing to get to the root of any symptoms you may be experiencing.
Another advantage of the test is that it will show long-term micronutrient status over a period of months — not just a snapshot of where levels may be for the day you complete the test. Review the sample list below to see how comprehensive our micronutrient testing is!
Because nutrition is the foundation of health, we offer this test to all patients as one of the first steps to determining the root causes of illness and hormonal imbalance.
Contact our New Patient Coordinator for More Information about Micronutrient Testing
When many patients come to see us, they have lost hope because they’ve felt unwell for so long and don’t see any light at the end of the tunnel.
It’s rewarding as a practitioner to help so many people realize a much better “normal” and a regained sense of vitality!
Please call us to get more information about how our providers can help you with your health goals and schedule an appointment.
We look forward to the opportunity to restore your health and regain your vitality for life!
For More Information, Call Us at 817-539-6168
Or fill in the inquiry form below and tell us the best way to reach you.
"*" indicates required fields