We are in the midst of a pandemic, which is uncharted territory for many of us. The media, while keeping us informed, also tends to invoke feelings of fear, panic, and a sense of having no control, however, there are things that you can do to strengthen your immune system and decrease your chances of being exposed to the virus.
The Centers for Disease Control and Government have put guidelines in place to help reduce the risk of exposure for all citizens and have encouraged anyone who can work from home to do so. Additionally, many non-essential businesses have temporarily shut down or drastically changed their operating procedures to help keep people safe, and keep the “curve” as low as possible.
The Dynamic Life Health Center is also doing our part to practice social distancing and take every measure possible to keep our patients and staff safe by providing telephone appointments in lieu of in-person appointments at the clinic. By doing this, we are able to provide all of our patients with uninterrupted, quality health care, while keeping everyone’s safety a priority.
As we all adapt to the new, temporary “normal” of staying at home and limiting exposure to the general public, NOW is an excellent time to focus on your health, resilience, and strengthening your immune system. Doing this will help reduce your chances of getting a viral infection, but it can also help to focus on resetting your health baseline going forward, even after the dangers of this pandemic pass.
Of course, we recommend always washing your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, use hand sanitizer when you are out in public, do your best not to touch your face, and covering your mouth/nose if you cough or sneeze. If you are immunocompromised, stay away from public places as much as possible. A lot of restaurants are now offering pick-up and delivery options, as are many grocery stores.
Supplements to Boost Your Immune System
The Dynamic Life Health Center has partnered with Metagenics to offer you immune support supplements to help strengthen your immune system. Metagenics offers top-quality, pharmaceutical grade supplements, and Dr. Berutti is excited to be able to offer you all these great products! Our office has these products in stock and we are offering them to you at a 10% discount. To place an order, just give our office a call at (817) 912-1600 and we will get them shipped out to you immediately. If you prefer to order them online, you can go directly to Dr. Berutti’s Metagenics store, and order there. By ordering online, you will receive a 20% discount if you are a first time customer, and a 10% discount if you are a returning customer. The password for ordering products online is LBerutti. If you encounter problems with your browser, please switch to Google Chrome.
Here are the products that Dr. Berutti recommends to strengthen your immune system:
* UltraFlora Balance helps to improve your overall immune response, aids upper respiratory health, and promotes a healthy gut.
* PhytoMulti is a multivitamin that contains key vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients.
* Ultra Potent-C 500 offers high dose vitamin C to protect against illness by raising white blood cell count and Killer T-Cells.
* Mycotaki is a blend of mushrooms that offer all natural anti-viral properties.
* Vitamin D3 is crucial for all bodily functions, and is essential for a healthy immune system. Over 80% of Americans are deficient in this important hormone.
* Andrographis Plus is an essential supplement for COVID-19 concerns. It supports and strengthens upper respiratory health.
* Echinacea Synergy contains natural anti-viral ingredients, and supports immune health and overall health.
Additional Strategies to Strengthen Your Immune System and Improve Your Health
- Eat whole foods that are nutrient rich.
- Strive to eat multiple servings each day of colorful fruits and vegetables; generally, the more color, the more nutrients.
- Eat plenty of greens.
- Cut out sugar and refined starches. Not only do these types of foods contribute to chronic illness, but they also immediately weaken your immune system.
- Eat adequate amounts of protein.
- Incorporate garlic and ginger into your recipes. Both have wide spectrum antimicrobial properties.
- Eat more fermented foods, or take quality supplements containing probiotics which will improve your gut health, the backbone of your immune system.
- Get sufficient quality sleep. Sleep is one of the major players in your overall health, and lack of consistent, quality sleep puts you at higher risk for both acute and chronic illness.
- Get some exercise. Even 30 minutes per day, 5 days per week, can have drastic and immediate positive effects on your overall health. Getting out of the house and walking for a brisk pace is something most people can do, and especially right now, can serve as a safe means to get out of the house, get some fresh air, and keep your spirits higher.
- Get out in nature as much as you can while being mindful about social distancing.
- Hot baths with epsom salts can not only help you to relax, but can also help to detoxify your body. Add a few drops of your favorite essential oils and enjoy a peaceful retreat right in your own home.
- Meditation and/or prayer and yoga can help to keep you calm, centered, and less anxious. Headspace.com is an excellent online resource that can get you started with meditation and mindfulness. Because of the global pandemic, they are offering free courses, guided meditations, and resources to help you sleep.
- Add vitamins and supplements to help strengthen your immune system and keep you as optimally healthy as possible.
- Stay in contact with family and friends. With less family activities, there is more time to reach out to folks via the telephone, Skype, or Facetime. Now, more than ever, this is especially important for your mental health and everyone benefits from connection.
Interested in Becoming a New Patient?
We take the health of our patients and staff seriously. Because of COVID – 19 and recommendations by the Centers for Disease Control, we are implementing temporary strategies in order to continue to offer quality health care to our patients, while keeping you safe and healthy.
Effective immediately, Dr. Berutti will be offering all appointments by phone. This applies to both new and existing patients. She will still be able to offer you the same dedicated attention and care as she would if you were meeting with her in the office, but without putting you at unnecessary risk.
Dr. Lyn Berutti at Dynamic Life Health Center uses a functional medicine approach with her patients. Many people are living with or are at risk for chronic diseases, hormonal imbalances, thyroid problems, and autoimmune disorders. These individuals are falling through the gaps of conventional medicine practices and are not getting the help that they need in order to heal and feel their best. Patients look to medical professionals to help them to get better and fix what’s wrong with them. In many cases, their quality of life is affected or grossly disrupted as they get sicker and lose hope. When they see doctors who only focus on addressing symptoms, they can become frustrated with the lack of comprehensive care. Conventional medicine has its place. It focuses on treating symptoms and disease through medication and surgery. This works very well for things like acute infections, trauma, and serious life-threatening illness. Physicians use treatments such as surgeries, antibiotics, and other drugs to treat their patients. This can be beneficial and life-saving in many circumstances. However, in many cases this is not enough to restore the patient to health and vitality.
Call our New Patient Coordinator to get all your questions answered.
Or fill in the inquiry form below and tell us the best way to reach you.
Sharon (Shari) Davidson says
Hello, I have recently been diagnosed with Hypothyroidism, Hashimoto’s Disease and extremely low hormone levels. My current doctor found these issues and I am grateful, however I am only prescribed 75mcg Levothyroxine as a solution. We also tried Bio-Te pellet implants but my body rejected them (literally pushing the pellets out of the incision after one month). I have all of the symptoms on the list (except sensitivity to cold, mine is reversed – sensitive to heat). I want to find my triggers and eliminate them, including any food/allergy sensitivity, so I can move forward to a healthy life. I have very good insurance – Premera Blue Cross, and want to take advantage of any options that make sense to get ahead of my issues. I have recent labs (and initial labs that led to my diagnosis) I am happy to email to you.