A new product that looks interesting to help with controlling blood sugar throughout the day and possibly eradicating those afternoon slumps that can drive you to the coffee machine or possibly grabbing something with some sugar in it in hopes of a pick-me-up. It may also help with insulin resistance.
Here’s what they have to say about it:
Ultra Glucose Control
Ultra-Glucose Control (UGC) is a combination of food nutrients in powder form and is regulated by the FDA as a Medical Food. This means that this pleasant tasting shake is powerful enough to help manage blood sugar and insulin issues through the use of its food and nutrient combination. UGC was developed in collaboration with Joslin Diabetes Center at Harvard Medical School. Presently, Joslin is the largest diabetes research and clinical care organization available and together with Metagenics, the Ultra Glucose Control program was created as a unique therapy that targets insulin resistance where it begins and provides blood sugar stabilization.
Ultra-Glucose Control: Improving Blood Sugar with Three Distinct Features:
Optimal Nutrient Blend:
- Reduces Insulin Resistance with Improved Glucose Control
- Protect Mitochondrial Function in the liver helping with glucose handling
- Metabolism response is supportive of weight control and insulin and Blood sugar control
High Quality Carbohydrate Source:
Amylopectin starch holds blood sugar stable and provides satiety. (non-GMO; non allergenic)
- Increased break down of larger molecule fats into smaller molecule fats so that the fat can be used for energy (fat oxidation)
- Good source of quality dietary fiber and prebiotic
High Quality Protein Source:
- High Essential Amino Acid with Branch Chain Amino Acid blend for complete protein and muscle building.
- High proficiency protein uptake into the cells
- Reduces Insulin Resistance
Ultra Glucose Control will help manage:
- Insulin Resistance (leads to obesity and blood sugar issues)
- Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar)
- At Risk- Pre Diabetic
- Type 1 Diabetes
- Type 2 Diabetes
If this is something you think you might be interested in, let us know and we may start carrying this product.